Dear Parents and Guardians,
We have missed our families and patients very much during the mandated stay-at-home period and we are excited to see everyone again. We will begin a “soft opening” on May 18th with limited patients and slowly transition over the next several weeks. We will be prioritizing our treatment appointments the first few weeks for children with delayed care or emergent dental needs. Please be patient with us as we take care of the most urgent cases first.
Although our office has always practiced universal precautions, which prevents transmission of diseases within the dental office, we have made additional changes for the safety and well-being of everyone. Here are a few of the changes we have implemented but please check our website, FB and Instagram for up-to-date information. Our decisions are based on guidelines from our local Health Dept, the Ca. Dept of Public Health, CDC, Cal-OSHA and the ADA. We appreciate your support as we transition into this “new normal”.
- Patients and family members will be screened using our Wellness Screening Form for COVID -related symptoms several days in advance through our automatic confirmation system. If any household members may be suspect for illness, we will ask you to reschedule your child’s appointment for the safety of staff and other patients in the office. All staff are screened on a daily basis.
- We ask that you fill out forms online whenever possible ahead of time.
- Only children with appointments and ONE parent are allowed to accompany them. We will ask that parents and siblings wait outside in our patio area or in your car during the appointment.
- We will be implementing a curbside check-in policy to limit your time in the office. We ask that you to text us upon your arrival to the parking lot. We will inform you when it is your turn to be seen in the office. We ask that you fill out our Wellness Screening Form again at this time.
- At check-in, we ask that everyone sanitize their hands, wear a mask for the duration of the visit, and have their temperature taken with a “no-touch” thermometer
- All difficult to sanitize items like toys, magazines, and brochures have been removed so please bring your child’s iPad or favorite toy with them.
- Hospital-grade, ultra-HEPA IQAir and Medify filters have been placed throughout the office to help reduce bacteria, viral, and allergen aerosols. Unlike household filters, IQAir is able to filter out particles smaller than a virus
- You may notice that staff are wearing additional protective equipment including face shields, clinical gowns, and a hair protection cap.
- We are limiting the number of patients we are scheduling and staggering appointments so we can carry out extra sanitation measures and maintain social distancing within the office. You may notice that our appointments may be longer and the availability may be limited as well for the time being.
- We have recorded a video that highlights some of these changes mentioned above. Please take a moment to watch the video below on what we have implemented for a smooth and safe visit!
What hasn’t changed is our commitment to delivering the highest quality of care for our patients in a safe and fun environment. As we all transition back to the ‘new normal,’ we appreciate your patience and feedback during these challenging times. Please email or text us if you have any requests or concerns. We can’t wait to see your smile soon!
Dr. Dora Lee, Dr. Isabel Bradley and our Amazing Team